Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently I inherited my grandfathers '64 c10 fleetside. As much as I would love to keep it, it makes more sense for me to sell it. After searching the internet for information I still have no solid idea on its actual worth. Hoping someone here might be able to help. I'd hate to give away something that I don't really want to part with anyway. He bought it new and always kept up with it and took good care of it. But it has been sitting in the backyard since he passed away a few years ago. I'm going to guess and say that it doesn't run or at the very least hasnt been started in about 3 or 4 years. The body is great aside from needing the wood re-done in the bed. Without knowing the state of whats under the hood, how much should I be asking for it? I'll try to post some pictures later this evening to give a better idea. Just looking for a rough estimate so I can run an ad on craigslist. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Just recently I inherited my grandfathers '64 c10 fleetside. As much as I would love to keep it, it makes more sense for me to sell it. After searching the internet for information I still have no solid idea on its actual worth. Hoping someone here might be able to help. I'd hate to give away something that I don't really want to part with anyway. He bought it new and always kept up with it and took good care of it. But it has been sitting in the backyard since he passed away a few years ago. I'm going to guess and say that it doesn't run or at the very least hasnt been started in about 3 or 4 years. The body is great aside from needing the wood re-done in the bed. Without knowing the state of whats under the hood, how much should I be asking for it? I'll try to post some pictures later this evening to give a better idea. Just looking for a rough estimate so I can run an ad on craigslist. Thanks in advance for any help
You would be better off posting some general pics of it, side view 3/4 shot, interior and engine, there are some basics that all these trucks have and there are a few options that make it a rarity, so for your protection and the buyers it would be better way for us to help you on your decision on price, get pics of rust areas as well..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to get back to post pictures. It has no major rust spots. There are some wooden boards in the bed that need replaced but the interior is pretty decent.
Here's a link to the album with all the pictures
https://goo.gl/photos/YjpckueGXhhp11ST9
Great looking truck, have you started it, does it run...lets say it does, it`s a camper special, C20, custom cab, factory power brakes, power steering, air conditioning, and aluminum grille, 2 speed wiper with washer, I believe its 327 CI is what they put in the Camper special but you would have to confirm that, three speed stick. It is carrying 1965 badging on it, are you sure its a `64...? 3-5K as is...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great looking truck, have you started it, does it run...lets say it does, it`s a camper special, C20, custom cab, factory power brakes, power steering, air conditioning, and aluminum grille, 2 speed wiper with washer, I believe its 327 CI is what they put in the Camper special but you would have to confirm that, three speed stick. It is carrying 1965 badging on it, are you sure its a `64...? 3-5K as is...
That is odd. You're the second person to tell me it's a c20 but according to the VIN it's a 1964 Conventional C10 1/2 ton Fleetside Long bed assembled in Atlanta, GA. Very confusing.
I haven't started it. It's been sitting for some time and Im not much of a mechanic so I've just let it be. I have it listed for 3500, so that sounds fair you think?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
That is odd. You're the second person to tell me it's a c20 but according to the VIN it's a 1964 Conventional C10 1/2 ton Fleetside Long bed assembled in Atlanta, GA. Very confusing.
I haven't started it. It's been sitting for some time and Im not much of a mechanic so I've just let it be. I have it listed for 3500, so that sounds fair you think?
It has eight lug wheels and suspension which denotes a C20, maybe someone changed suspension at some time in its life..
Good starting price for it too move...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts