Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the truck yesterday and love the beautiful mess...like the title says I don’t have headlights or turn signals. Thing is though is when I turn the key to accessory, the rear blinkers are on like hazards and hear clicking of the relay??? It’s my understanding that these years didn’t have that and I cannot find where there would be a switch...has anybody ever come across anything like this? Also what’s a good wiring diagram or Chilton style book to use? I’ve only found the supplemental service manual.
Sorry if jumping around too much just a had a second to type this

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The original column still in the truck ( 64 right? ) ...?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
One of the first things to do is go to your local auto parts store, get three braided ground straps, engine to frame, frame to cab, cab back to engine, these trucks are known for bad grounds so lets rule that out altogether, use screws and or bolts with starr washers to bite into the steel, clean the areas of paint and grease before install. Then test again and see what you do have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I’ll give that a shot this weekend after I head to the local U-Pull-It and find myself a hei distributor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update- it turned out to be a bad turn signal switch...broke apart and was making constant contacts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool, you found the issue...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts