Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon guys and gals!

First time on a forum. I finally get to work on my (wife's) 64 step side. I bought for her when we first started dating for her to get to work. Had lots of issues, but it ran and got the job done. A few years after getting it she blew they 327 and I swapped in a 350 from a 77 Silverado again not the greatest running engine but got the job done until we where finally able to get her into new car.

Now the truck BELONGS to me. However I got inpatient and starting tearing it apart to restore it. I have the whole front clip disassembled for cleaning and paint along with new suspension parts. This will be the next step. I pulled the 350 and planning to clean it, paint it and just a basic re-ring, gasket job for now. Until I have funds down the road for an LS swap. I will try to find pictures of the ol'gal.

Great site! Look forward to learn from you all!bowtiedb:D

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
64 Chevy sign0016 to C10 Trucks. You have a plan, thats good. BUT I think I would do more than a rering. First I'd check compression, and go from there. Have cylinders checked for Round. It may need boreing or your rings won't do a lot of good. Valve job could be in order compression check will tell this too. I just hate to see anyone through $$$ at a project when its not needed or put in wrong place. ANYWAY sign0016 and anim_25 If we can help along the way just ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
64 Chevy sign0016 to C10 Trucks. You have a plan, thats good. BUT I think I would do more than a rering. First I'd check compression, and go from there. Have cylinders checked for Round. It may need boreing or your rings won't do a lot of good. Valve job could be in order compression check will tell this too. I just hate to see anyone through $$$ at a project when its not needed or put in wrong place. ANYWAY sign0016 and anim_25 If we can help along the way just ask
Thanks for the welcome CFFISHER! You are absolutely correct. I just get excited about new projects and start jumping into them without thoroughly thinking it through. I will check compression today and see where we are with it. I do have a reputable machine shop literally a mile from the new house we just moved into, I might stop by tomorrow to ask a few questions and get a quote on the suggestions. This is my first engine rebuild I guess you can call it. So its going to be more of a learning experience more than anything.

How much does it usually cost for getting the block checked? I don't want to get screwed over just because they see a newbie.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum 64Chev, glad to have you here....sign0016...as far as checking on price, they are all over the place..in calif probably higher...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts