Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All. I just acquired this little beauty. She's a '63 and she drives beautifully. The guy I got her from said he "thinks" it's the original 283 c.i. 4 bbl in her. He wasn't quite sure. haha

I'm loving the patina look she has so I think I want to keep it this way but I want to do a few little things before she becomes a daily driver.

One thing I would like is to level the ride. My guess is the rear sits 3-4" (minimum) higher than the front. What kits do you guys recommend for a level ride? Just lower the back or get a 4 corner spring kit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I'm sure people have leveled these trucks. I've seen level trucks with my own eyes. haha

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good Morning All. I just acquired this little beauty. She's a '63 and she drives beautifully. The guy I got her from said he "thinks" it's the original 283 c.i. 4 bbl in her. He wasn't quite sure. haha

I'm loving the patina look she has so I think I want to keep it this way but I want to do a few little things before she becomes a daily driver.

One thing I would like is to level the ride. My guess is the rear sits 3-4" (minimum) higher than the front. What kits do you guys recommend for a level ride? Just lower the back or get a 4 corner spring kit?

View attachment 5758 View attachment 5759

Leave it the way she sits. If and when you carry a load you'll be glade it sits the way it is with out a load. Weight drops the rear end/bed of truck.

Tire & Rim/wheel sizes can raise or drop the stance. What sizes are both the front and rear tire & rim sizes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leave it the way she sits. If and when you carry a load you'll be glade it sits the way it is with out a load. Weight drops the rear end/bed of truck.

Tire & Rim/wheel sizes can raise or drop the stance. What sizes are both the front and rear tire & rim sizes?
She isn't going to see another load as long as I own her, especially after I get the wood done in the bed. That's what my 2500HD is here for. haha
Her only job from now on is a cruiser so a soft ride is desired anyways.

She has 225/75R15 all the way around. To get a level ride, that would require 12" rims on the back and 16" rims on the front. 12" rims would defeat the load carrying capacity that you talk about and that set up would look silly in general.

Please note that I am being sarcastically silly and still working on my first cup of coffee this morning. I do appreciate all responses.

I see the kits online and the basic level kit includes the 4 springs for less than $300. May go that route but I have time to look around. Still doing the necessary repairs (waiting on parts) to get her down the road safely.

·
Registered
291 Posts
She isn't going to see another load as long as I own her, especially after I get the wood done in the bed. That's what my 2500HD is here for. haha
Her only job from now on is a cruiser so a soft ride is desired anyways.

She has 225/75R15 all the way around. To get a level ride, that would require 12" rims on the back and 16" rims on the front. 12" rims would defeat the load carrying capacity that you talk about and that set up would look silly in general.

Please note that I am being sarcastically silly and still working on my first cup of coffee this morning. I do appreciate all responses.

I see the kits online and the basic level kit includes the 4 springs for less than $300. May go that route but I have time to look around. Still doing the necessary repairs (waiting on parts) to get her down the road safely.
$229 a set of four what ever spring drop sizes you want, Made In the U S A. "POL" there web site is performanceonline.com in Corona,CA. 888-973-5807 or 714-278-1703

1 - 5 of 5 Posts