Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm new here sad to say I've just gotten my second chevy ever ford guy. I just traded my 90 mustang rough shape needed work for a 1971 chevy c10. 10 wide tires all the way around on American racing rims. Custom gauge cluster. A 84 350 sbc if I remember right. It's a long bed. Th350 trans with a b and m stage 2 shift kit installed have to redo trans pan gasket but whatever. Racing seats installed. Electric fuel pump installed. Grant gt steering wheel. Long tube headers 3 inch pipe back to 2 black widow angry house wife mufflers. Holes in the sides of the box for exhaust to exit have to finish it yet. A 69 plastic grill installed. Comp cam in it not sure of specs heads were ported and polished not sure what else on top end, bottom end is stock. Edlebrock baffled valve covers. Edlebrock breather to match. Edlebrock 600 cfm carb. Just installed a pcv valve instead of the oil cap helped alot with excessive crankcase pressure was pushing oil out the breather even tho valve covers are baffled. Aftermarket factory radio has aux not Bluetooth. Bed supposibly has no bondo original steel what he said. Drives nice. Small power steering leak. Tiny Coolant leak somewhere bunch of small stuff then paint might happen eventually. Drove it a hour home on interstate drove good was high in rpms but it took it ordered new side lights got interior mostly back together for now car show on Saturday then will do finishing touches carpet and such. Ordered mirrors and about it has plenty of power for a nice cruiser but if u want to smoke a tire u can one wheel peel. Eventually posi it get everything functioning and working then will worry about making it faster and funner and ideas let me know definitely a work in progress but a relatively straight truck was set up for nitrous before I got I but from my understanding was never ran with it was told came for Oklahoma originally moved to Iowa 2 locations when the rattle can happened and now minnesota

Attachments

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
265 Posts
I like your little fan. We did a similar setup in my buddy's drag car years ago.

Looks like a good start. Want to see what you do to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far not a whole lot. Cleaning up the paint they got on the windows and chrome. Got passenger door primed, painted, and door panel and arm rest put on. Basically finish cleaning the interior up rip everything out and put the brand new carpet in, and then interior should be done for the most part. Then move on to the exterior want everything functioning and there. Before I make it look good and make it even faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to assemble a front fender on a 68-72 C10? Not sure if the inner fender edge sits outside the outer fender or if the inner fender lip sits inside the outer fender. Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well I'm new here sad to say I've just gotten my second chevy ever ford guy. I just traded my 90 mustang rough shape needed work for a 1971 chevy c10. 10 wide tires all the way around on American racing rims. Custom gauge cluster. A 84 350 sbc if I remember right. It's a long bed. Th350 trans with a b and m stage 2 shift kit installed have to redo trans pan gasket but whatever. Racing seats installed. Electric fuel pump installed. Grant gt steering wheel. Long tube headers 3 inch pipe back to 2 black widow angry house wife mufflers. Holes in the sides of the box for exhaust to exit have to finish it yet. A 69 plastic grill installed. Comp cam in it not sure of specs heads were ported and polished not sure what else on top end, bottom end is stock. Edlebrock baffled valve covers. Edlebrock breather to match. Edlebrock 600 cfm carb. Just installed a pcv valve instead of the oil cap helped alot with excessive crankcase pressure was pushing oil out the breather even tho valve covers are baffled. Aftermarket factory radio has aux not Bluetooth. Bed supposibly has no bondo original steel what he said. Drives nice. Small power steering leak. Tiny Coolant leak somewhere bunch of small stuff then paint might happen eventually. Drove it a hour home on interstate drove good was high in rpms but it took it ordered new side lights got interior mostly back together for now car show on Saturday then will do finishing touches carpet and such. Ordered mirrors and about it has plenty of power for a nice cruiser but if u want to smoke a tire u can one wheel peel. Eventually posi it get everything functioning and working then will worry about making it faster and funner and ideas let me know definitely a work in progress but a relatively straight truck was set up for nitrous before I got I but from my understanding was never ran with it was told came for Oklahoma originally moved to Iowa 2 locations when the rattle can happened and now minnesota
You state your truck is a 71 but your grill is a 69/70.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right truck is a 71 with a 69 grill, aftermarket plastic. Just had a header crack on me got that temp fixed by welding it for now. Until I order I good set instead of these cheap ebay ones. Really just got a bunch of cleaning on it done and odd ball lil stuff starting to move into the big stuff. Interior is basically done but for carpet and heat barrier. Then find a good rust free tail gate send it in get it prepped and painted. Then bed line the bed. Then it's just motor work don't need it but might as well make it faster lol. Decided I'm going to go with the roll pan bumpers. Just slowly moving along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts