Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Chevy scene and I was wondering what's the consensus on parts. I have a little experience in the VW scene and for the most part if you have a used original part in good shape you use it, It's going to be better quality than most replacements you can find. Is the same true for these old trucks? I know quality varies so what should I look for?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes Stutter, in most cases the repo parts need massaging to get them to fit correctly, most guys buy the patch panels and rework their`s to fit...much easier that complete panels such as fenders...there has been a few occasions we`ve seen where the parts actually fit but its rare at best..16coffee

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work in body and paint on all types of hot rods and classics, and YES, the original stuff is better to work with. The new stuff rarely fits and is cheaply made. I was getting off the floor after working under a customers '57 and pushed up on the bumper to get myself up and I watched the front bumper deflect / bend toward the ground AT LEAST 1/4". It's so thin and mdd of such crappy steel that a kid riding a Big Wheel would dent it. Keep ALL the old stuff you can...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Just joining the club USE all the original parts you can, using patch panels they have them for just about every part on the truck and not that hard to work with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts