Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may be a bit old- fashioned but how come we don't have some sort of rule where new members have to do a welcome and perhaps a few pictures of there ride/rides before they post a for sale ad.
just seems like they are only here for another avenue to sell their pickup and are not interested in getting involved in the forum.
am I being picky???
anybody else have any thoughts on the matter??

:) :) :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
i may be a bit old- fashioned but how come we don't have some sort of rule where new members have to do a welcome and perhaps a few pictures of there ride/rides before they post a for sale ad.
just seems like they are only here for another avenue to sell their pickup and are not interested in getting involved in the forum.
am I being picky???
anybody else have any thoughts on the matter??

:) :) :)
you are just being picky Mark anim_63

I hear ya! kind of sucks! but if they are posting up there ride for sale, if they do sell it, they wont be back on the forum anyway :(

Rick

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I am trying several ways to get new members here so if they sell a c10 that's ok aren't our members looking for good deals on c10 trucks.

Otis :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, Me Too, But..........

Thanks for posting this as I thought the same thing Mark.

Then I reflected on

1. my times over at the 67-72chevytrucks.com site. Over there you have to be a supporting member to sell items. Thus you have a boat load of moderated posts that state :

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.
  2. Folks selling stuff here gives us all the chance to see what's out there, maybe make a purchase or get information on what our trucks are worth.

As for folks that are new members with projects, we all seem to be pretty good at persuading them to tell us about their projects and post some photos. More of a conversational approach, as opposed to written rules that tend to irritate the masses. :)

Again, thanks for posting this Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts