Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my grandpa past away he left me his 1971 Chevrolet C10 short bed step side three on the tree pick-up truck. I am not in a position where I can start fixing it up, but I don't know where to start. The engine runs but needs some work done to it, I also want to lower it even more than he had it, which will be slammed to the ground with an air ride system on it. I am looking for the right size tires to put on it since it will be slammed. I also know I need to C-notch the frame, and I would like to put all disc brakes on the truck. I know this is a lot of information. I am looking for a starting point and the right parts to make these changes that will not break the bank. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here...first off just keep the maintenance up on it and running decent. You can buy c-notch kits cheap enough and go with Air Ride bag system the link at the bottom of the page under suspensions. there will be other considerations depending how low you go such as exhaust relocation, trailing arm/crossmember mods or replacement. CPP offers the disc brake kits for all four wheels...its all a matter of cost, and a place to work on it..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
406Rich, thank you for the reply and the information. I will have to do things one at a time. My next step will be to purchase disc brakes and tires, the end product would be to have the truck sit slammed on the pavement. Which I am confused on the size tire I should purchase.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
406Rich, thank you for the reply and the information. I will have to do things one at a time. My next step will be to purchase disc brakes and tires, the end product would be to have the truck sit slammed on the pavement. Which I am confused on the size tire I should purchase.
71`s have a lot of room, Just my opinion 18x10 rear and 16x8 front, I`m not a fan of wagon wheels. Just do a google search 1971 C10 images, a ton of pics will pop up...click on the image to take you to its site to find out what they are running..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts