Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking at a 1962 C/10. Joined here to gain some knowledge. HI!! I've wanted a '60-'66 for a long time. Thanks much!

JB

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here, looking for an mid sixties truck in decent shape is tough in the rust belt... sign0016

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
JB sign0016 To C10 Truck If you found a 62 you can look at with out looking through it around here BUY it. There sure can't be many
anim_25

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One I am looking at is basically rust free. Has surface rust here and there. One small rust through at the bottom rear of the front fender. It's been the majority of its life in Arizona. Then 20 years in a warehouse in Michigan. Going to look at it in a couple days. Fleetside longbed, 6 cyl (235 I'd guess), 4 speed on the floor (top loader?). Well, 3 and granny gear. Pretty much original with 93k miles. Even what appears to be the original seat doesn't have any tears. Looks very solid. Asking $6000. In the ball park?

JB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, 1962 is the last year for a couple things..

1. 235 engine. any reason to stay away? I had one in a 1953 3100 once. liked it. Changed the rod bearings in the apartment parking lot. hey I was 19 years old.

2. torsion bar front springs. I will be lowering a little (maybe the 2.5" drop spindles?) and may later swap in a small block V8. Will keep/drive the 6 for now. would the torsion bars restrict any of that?

Thank you.. more questions to come I'm sure..

JB

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Common rust area`s are....lower front of doors, ( dog leg in the area below the windshield at the door, rockers, bottom of front fenders, bottom rear of cab, radiator support brace, front bottom of hood, floor boards at the kick panels, including the bottom of kick panels, top of cab at the rain gutter and windshield valence, note if the windshield valence is bad better consider looking on for another rig unless your real good with metal skills...all of the above mentioned they do makes replacement patch panels, some of the quality is fair some worse, even from the same vendor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts