Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member near Lake Chelan. Currently have a 77 Chev. Stepside that a buddy did a mini "Overhaulin'" on and surprised me with! I bought the truck several years ago with the intention of working on it a little bit at a time but just never got around to doing much of it other than getting some buckets from a Suburban, etc.

He took it out to his farm shop to "get it running" and a few months later surprised by showing up with it. He did or had done more than I could list, but among the things was a fresh 98 5.7 Vortec with some mild headwork, rebuilt TH350, new posi rear end, new high capacity radiator, professionally done 5/7 drop, and a very nice set of tires and wheels. Drives like a go cart, and is super fun! Next up is to upgrade the interior and passenger bay comfort. Not overly concerned about the exterior for now, kind of like the rough look.

Probably the next couple of projects will be Vintage Air (originally an A/C truck but most everything is gone, including defrost), custom console that includes a DVD/Nav/Backup camera right about where the ashtray would normally be, and some sort of rework of the dash. I'd really like to get a flat panel dash, but not sure how deep I want to go into it.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum aplman99, glad to have you here, sounds like a nice ride...post some pics when you have time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts