Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator & Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new Mittler Brothers bead roller today. I ordered it on December 2nd and it seemed like forever to get here. But it took just over two weeks for them to build and ship. I was pre-warned that this was there crazy time with product shows, but waiting was nail chomping. :D
So it came on a large pallet which weighed 240 pounds so we grabbed the loader and threw the forks on it to save our backs.
Got it up to the shop and unpacked it to find out they sent me everything but the adjustable upper shaft. This is critical to do the work I want to do with more precision.
A quick call and they shipped it today and I should have it by the end of the week. So here's a peek at this brute.

Here it is with the motor on it.

Here's the motor, with the on off switch and forward reverse, and a dial to set max spread no matter how hard ya hit the throttle.

I'm going to enjoy this machine. :cool:

Thanks For Looking :)

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Christmas comes early for Steve. I could use that for my floors. I get tired from the hand operated one I've had for over 20 years.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rich, did see that about year ago. That's a bit much, and although very cool, I think we'd have better uses for the power plant. :) but that hammer is awesome. I'm going to be building a small helve hammer, which help save my shoulder, and elbow joints. :D :D

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys
Got my adjustable upper shaft today, and it only took about fifteen minutes to install it.
So I had to try it out and here's what I came up with. Now I could of done this with out the adjustment, however it made life/play so much simpler.

This makes it so I can move the top die in and out which makes it changes in the way the bottom die affects the panel.

I think I'm going to make a pattern and do both sides. I will shoot a video at the same time. :cool:

Thanks For Looking :D

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
That is neat stuff Steve...!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Having the right tools always makes the job go well!

Dave
bowtieb

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I can see where I need a bigger shop. Or a way to get to Steve's shop. That is way cool. Like Dave said the tool makes the job.

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My other bead roller I've had since mid to late 80's and is still working great. It just does not have some of the options that the new one has. It does some cool stuff like these panels.

I made a small jig, that makes good circles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts