Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum!

Recently picked up a 57 Chevy 3100 with a 59 Apache bed, and a c10 front frame clip. I have a lm7 5.3 and 4l80 going in it.

Need a little assistance figuring out what year/generation clip is on it. Is there any dead give aways that will tell me what year front end is on this chassis?

I've attached a picture of the clip in hopes you guys will be able to help me out.

Also any recommendations on motor mounts? I've seen tubular style mounts as well as clam shell style. Any preference? Pros/cons of each? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
TCAD sign0016 to C10 Trucks. I have know Idea what chassis this is some one else may be of assistance. As far as mounts go the best is what fits. I would lower the engine into the bay and see what room you have.
anim_25

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Can`t identify year of crossmember, (`63 to `87 ) in any case when you do buy mounts for it, you`ll probably have to modify the mounts as the stock mounts bolted to the crossmember and bolted on top of the frame, ( without knowing the height of the stock `57 frame ) I`m only guessing that the mount will either be too short or long..the tubular mounts would be best if you plan on headers, that will relieve an interference point, a lot of guys are using the mounts from Dirty Dingo as they offer more options, good luck with the mounts keep us posted...
http://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=359_360

1 - 3 of 3 Posts