Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at a privately owned junkyard there was a C-10 64 that has the factory A/C on the dash. I like the look of the vents in the center of the dash keeping it old school cool. I currently have A/C in my truck but its an add on the previous owner did. It's a huge black box that fits under the center of the dash, gives up leg room and just looks ugly in my opinion. Anyways I talked to the dude that has this private junkyard. He said for $500 he will cut the dash, give me everything that includes the A/C and heater system from interior to exterior, cables, fan box,ducts, wire harness,compressor etc. I know these are getting hard to come by, realizing that I would have to cut my dash to make it fit, that's not a problem. All in all is $500 worth the price ? The dash looked really clean so did the center dash vents. If the price was like $200 it would be a no brainer. He knows what he has and stands firm on $500. Advice appreciated beer

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both you mentioned are great products. I appreciate the links. I'm just kind of stuck on stupid right now :confused:. Like the old school set up but at the same time realizing it's an old set up that could be a problem from the get go. I guess it would be different if my 66 build was for the purist to keep it original, which it isn't. After all regardless if you want A/C from an old school way verses whats new, i'm sure the new way is more efficient. I need to think about spending $500 on something that was made 52 years ago and blow the $ on that and still need to upgrade for older parts that might not work,or use the $500 going towards a new set up.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Both you mentioned are great products. I appreciate the links. I'm just kind of stuck on stupid right now :confused:. Like the old school set up but at the same time realizing it's an old set up that could be a problem from the get go. I guess it would be different if my 66 build was for the purist to keep it original, which it isn't. After all regardless if you want A/C from an old school way verses whats new, i'm sure the new way is more efficient. I need to think about spending $500 on something that was made 52 years ago and blow the $ on that and still need to upgrade for older parts that might not work,or use the $500 going towards a new set up.
I wasn`t trying to create a madness in your mind...just looking for the best alternative from the ( old school ) as you have said all new updated parts does make it appealing from a use point, the old system using R12 will cost quite a bit if you develop leaks the newer using 134A ( I think is right ).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
406Rich, I made my mind up with your help. Save the $ and get a new set up. I had to sleep on it. Like I said advice needed, and well appreciated :) don't sweat the confusion , I just needed a second opinion to steer me straight. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts