Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming behind the previous owner trying to get the turn signals and lighting working. He pulled everything from the turn signal switch and chopped some wires.
I found the signal switch schematic and after some appropriate cursing figured out the switch was bad, had one side or the other but no 'off' position. There are four
medium gauge wires above the switch location that have been cut and before i go much further i need to know what this two contact device mounted to the bottom
of the steering column is. I've added a photo. Thanks for any input.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grey Tread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved. A local gunsmith came by the shop for some parts and we got talking about the truck. He identified it right off as a neutral safety switch which never considered as the truck now sports a five speed manual. One less gremlin i have to deal with. Thanks to all for the input.

·
Super Moderator
144 Posts
I seen mention of that but thought it was only with a column shift and some had a linking rod / Thanks for update , may help others

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is only with the column shift which is why i didn't think of it, this truck has a 5 speed manual now. my sleuth-fu has lost it's edge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
next up is the turn signal switch. the harness was cut out and the plug tossed. i rewired the switch according to a post in the 67-72 chevy trucks.com forum. when i apply power i have left and right but in the middle position of the switch both curcuits are energized which was the reason i replaced the original switch. that, and i have no flasher function. the flasher has been tested and functions standalone with a test bulb. any insight is appreciated. google this for the post : showthread.php?t=515827

1 - 10 of 10 Posts