Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 84 C10 6.2L diesel with an automatic transmission about 2 years ago. It has been my daily driver up until about 2 months ago, when a rod shot through the engine block. since then it has been out of comission while i source a new engine. Does anyone have any advise as to where to go? And I know nothing about whether or not this model has an EGR or not. And is the oil pressure gauge mechanical or electrical? Iwould imagine that its mechanical because of the age of the vehical. The guage does not read properly and Im pretty sure that it needs replacing. Any help is very much appriciated

·
Registered
793 Posts
You going back with a diesel?It should have an egr,if I remember right it is mounted in the center of the intake manifold.Check with LKQ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, Im going back with another 6.2 diesel. Is it possible to do a swap with an engine that does not have an egr or should I just get one with an egr? If so, what are the changes, if any, that would need to be done or would it just be a direct install? Ive read some places that the egr actually limits power, and to be honest, I'm not even sure of its purpose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts