Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I have a 1966 C30 and the lower clutch rod to the fork is missing. I have looked on all the classic car part websites and eBay and can't find one. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I had the whole thing but let it go when I put in the wet clutch BUT I do have A lower rod do you have an idea how long it needs to be??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure,I'll have to measure it. I work at a hardware store and tried to make one out of allthread but it bends. I found this truck as a barn find and its pretty much all there but its stuck in gear. I have looked all over the web and can find almost every other clutch linkage part except the lower rod.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked, That should work Charlie. I would be glad to buy it from you and pay for the shipping if you would like to sell it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Charlie, I finally got around to putting the linkage on the truck and it works great,Doesn't bend! So now I can take it out of gear with the clutch but I need help with the shifter, It is just loose and won't engage any gears. Thanks again for your help.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Charlie, I finally got around to putting the linkage on the truck and it works great,Doesn't bend! So now I can take it out of gear with the clutch but I need help with the shifter, It is just loose and won't engage any gears. Thanks again for your help.
Column shift...?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Hurst with the rods off the shifter but on the trans put a 1/4" drill bit in the hole at the top of the shifting arm.. this in under the truck that will be neutral on the shifter. put the trans in neutral. adjust the rods to meet the holes in the shifter. For other brands I'd recommend there web site but all are easy. It's just a matter of getting both in neutral and adjusting the rod length

well this is for a 3 speed floor shift if your shift lever comes out of the trans this will bot help

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I think ( not sure) if you have the sm420 trans, the shifter its held on via a spring, ( it may have popped out of place ) you`ll need to access the top of the trans/shifter, does the shifter feel loose, if it does there at the ( sort of a bell arrangement) base press down and turn it counter clockwise the shifter should come out. reinsert it and and try to lock in place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts