Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere back in the day that GMC was the lower price between Chevy & GMC. On my 65 1/2 ton step side, I notice that no factory armrest, one horn, one outside mirror, 3 speed column shift, plastic gauge bezel, rubber mats & whatever else.I'm thinking stepsides were cheaper than fleetsides. Looking for info & history on this subject. Still love my step side.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
GMC was back in the day the lower price but built heavier or so said...today its just the opposite....funny how some things change..! anim_63

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
the "Standard Catalog of American Light Duty Trucks" by John Gunnell gives prices and production #s on all trucks 1896/1986 by Krause productions

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the GMC's better. the small round speedometer. You can remove the dash cluster by unhooking the speedometer cable and unplugging one electrical socket connector. Most GMC's have leaf springs on the rear end. The chevys mostly have coil rear springs. Not all mid 60,s GMC trucks where plain Jane. Many had real chrome grill's (the chevy grill is polished aluminum) Chrome bumpers, auto trans and all the deluxe trim ect. My 66 short bed has the chrome grill & bumper ,factory automatic , radio, two speed wipers with washer. deluxe heater, dual arm rest and sun visors. It also has chrome trim on the dash knobs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts