Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad passed away this morning,my mom called me from work and said he passed away.He was battling lung cancer from years of smoking,43 years of it.I have tried to get him to quit several times and said maybe.He knew it was not good for my health,I am heavily allergic to the smoke from the chemicals in the smoke.It was hard and know he is not in pain anymore.Great thing is he left a will with a living trust so the courts don't get involved.I know what I am getting,his 1972 Chevy K10 pick up is one of them.Story is my grandfather bought it new in 1972 and was passed down to my dad after he passed away 6 years ago.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
So sorry for your loss Heidi, lost both my parents several years ago 2 years apart...its hard...!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Heidi sorry for your loss. My dad parted 30 years ago but My mom still here she'll be 90 this month. Will be praying for you and your family

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to drive his 1972 Chevy K10 to the funeral.He wanted this and going to play his favorite song he always liked,Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band at his funeral as well.Great thing is my mom is not going to hurt for money,getting his pension from a shop he worked at.Retired from there 6 years ago.I always remembered him coming over and we had a beer together,he always liked Busch beer.Said he wanted a 12 pack of Busch beer in cans buried with him and that is going to happen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry for your loss, you will have an excellent family heirloom with that truck. I wish I had the trucks that my Dad had when he passed away but they are all long gone. After you have had a little time maybe you can share some pictures of the truck, along with your project truck I have read about in your other posts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have driven it too.I remember my grandfather telling me get in the driver's seat when I was 16,learned how to drive in it.Visitation is Wendsday night and his funeral is on Thursday.My 18 year old son Brent was hit hard and it was very hard yesterday.Brent knows he was there in spirit at his open house yesterday after graduating from high school.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hello Heidi,
So sorry for your loss.I know it's an emotional and hard
time in your life as I too just recently lost my mother in March.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
God bless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts