Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this truck about 6 months ago with the intention of driving it for a little while before doing any thing to it. On the 3 hour drive home the 305 started knocking, so I decided to start working and sinking money into it right away. I had a 350 with 325hp built for it and me and my buddy got it all hooked up and running good. After about a week my son and I started sanding and fixing all the little dings in the body. That is where we are at right now. I'm going to take the first week of May off to try and get every thing done on it. I will post more pic's as we continue. Grady

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Wow you`re working fast nice truck....!beer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..Going to replace the core support and cab mount bushings this weekend. If I have time I am going to replace the coil springs and A-arm bushings also.

Is it tuff finding time to work on ya'lls projects or does life get in the way? It seems I have to do a little here and there.bowtieb

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Is it tuff finding time to work on ya'lls projects or does life get in the way? It seems I have to do a little here and there.bowtieb
Its the same here, I`m sure with everybody unless, your not married and run your own shop, but with a family they come first and when you find time and money it gets done...beer

·
Registered
797 Posts
I started my 78 in 2000.Planned on a 2 year deal build life takes over and wound up finishing in 2014.All my friends would see it apart for so long and say it would never see the street again.Motivation being the key to completion

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got my paint today. It is Flat Olive Drab. All trim pieces will be black. No chrome on this truck. I hope i like it, if not more sanding.:D

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few more pic's. My son got the inside of the doors and fenders painted. My plan is to put these on the truck this weekend so we can get the entire truck painted. Then the interior will be next. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looks nice, you`re moving right along…! beer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Set back,Set back,Set back..:(:( Found out the frame on the truck is bent. My friend that owns a paint and body shop said it isn't that big of a deal to fix (just more money). I bought after market doors a few months back (from a guy at a swap meet) to replace the badly dinged-up doors that were on the truck. The driver side door will not fit. The holes on the door were apparently drill about an 1/2 inch off. So now I'm in the process of body filling the original door. I'm very slow at doing body work.anim_63 I'll have more updates soon I pray.fahne19fahne19

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Ouch, that hurts when you find out after the fact...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ouch, that hurts when you find out after the fact...[/QUOTE

Yes it does...Ended up taking the door to my friend and he had the door fixed by his guys.He just wanted the door that didn't fit and the original passenger side door in exchange. It is nice and smooth.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts