Chevy C10 Trucks banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me sandblasting frame.Check out the custom hood I'm wearing.Last time I'll do blasting large pieces,leave it to the pros.
:confused:
36.jpg

35.jpg

·
Administrator & Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Well when I first read your post, I was going to ask what your intentions were for the truck. But reading on its pretty obvious. :) nice work ! ! The blasting thing, :mad: I always sub that out, I'm really not wild about cleaning up the mess, not to mention our blaster we use gets it done in less then half the time we can..
Can't wait to see more progress, thanks for sharing. beer

·
Registered
183 Posts
Love the progress! Can't wait to see some more!

Dave
bowtieb

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive ben looking all over for more pics on progress but must have got lost somewhere.had pics of frame a painted with belltech 3/4 drop installed(wished i hadnt used it).engine and trans installed.and later the cab and bed.then fabbed up exhaust system.Will try to post pics of where im at know,only needing grille and hood to finish exterior.
David

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Moving right along, that will be nice when done.beer

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally after a long time searching I found an original grille for the 78.Everything I found busted.This one intact but ugly.A little tlc should come out ok.Will post pics of before and after

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I havent checked this in awhile,thanks guys for the nice comments.Well here is the grille before,after and installed,man these things are fragille.I managed to get done without cracking it.
David
GEDC0134.jpg

GEDC0135.jpg

GEDC0136.jpg

GEDC0137.jpg

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool, looks good...!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well got some new trim pieces for my door panels in this week,just need to die match the panels with the rest of interior trim and assemble.One more step toward completion if there is such a thing.
David

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive been working on the interior for awhile now.Replacement door panels and trim a little difficult to work with.Several tmes I wanted to throw them on the ground and stomp on them,but kept my cool and just walked away for a bitGood news is interior almost done,bad news is camshaft crapped out,so will be pulling the engine soon to make sure there is no other damage..
David
GEDC0170.jpg

GEDC0182.jpg

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got the engine back together.Its a 350 .030 over,decked to .013 quench,runnig flat tops and vortec heads,with rotating assembly balanced.When I drained the oil it was loaded with fuel,probably what killed the cam.also scorhed the bearings but crank was still good,just polished it.
engine 1.jpg
engine 2.jpg

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the engine bay although it could use a bath.Convertor is out cause Im switching from stock 700 truck style to a 78/corvette style for higher stall speed.
engine bay 1.jpg
engine bay2.jpg

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Labor Day Weekend gave me a chance to install the engine and this weekend gave me time to get everything hooked up and running except a\c.After getting the carb squared away everything sounds really good.Idle is acceptable while I'm in gear at a reasonable 700 rpm.Now I can get back to finishing the interior.
Installed 1.jpg
installed2.jpg

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Rick.Been a long project,what started out as a 2 year deal,then life took over and now is going on 13 years.Started it in 2000.
David

1 - 20 of 40 Posts