Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will throw some pictures out there, they can do the talking. Any questions just ask. I have some earlier pictures just not on this computer, will post them later.

Video of my first drive, no rear brakes yet, was checking converter at end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwsHTwWeds
Took it to track, had trans problem, and needed lighter springs n secodaries of carbs, they were opening past 60ft mark, ran 8.12...booo lol
then motor tore up boooo!!!
broken valve spring..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more of my junk..

New stuff for new motor, cage is also on its way.
old and the new

new carb intake

eagle 4.25
6.385 H beams

new rearend, fab 9 4.11 spool M/W axles 55in (inch shorter each side)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hhhmmm, thought this site was pretty active, not that I need some kind of reply but you would think someone might say wow what a piece of junk or something lol
I am a member of other forums and most post like this usually get a response of some kind good or bad?... maybe my junk is just too junky, if it had 30in wheels, airbags and a $8,000 paint job it might fit in better lol
I do have my own style of make it fast before pretty.. and crust gives it a little additude IMO
Just had to voice what i was thinking...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hhhmmm, thought this site was pretty active, not that I need some kind of reply but you would think someone might say wow what a piece of junk or something lol
I am a member of other forums and most post like this usually get a response of some kind good or bad?... maybe my junk is just too junky, if it had 30in wheels, airbags and a $8,000 paint job it might fit in better lol
I do have my own style of make it fast before pretty.. and crust gives it a little additude IMO
Oh shoot no. Your problem is its not FI pro charged turbos all on a God like LS all tuned with a piece of software on a laptop with some 6speed 8pqltz trans.
Seriously I was thinking along the same lines. Pretty quiet like a cemetery

·
Registered
797 Posts
Is that a JW on that 400.Ran one on a 800 hp Cuda a few years ago and was a little skeptical at first,but it worked out great.Ran out of cash before we could get all the bugs worked out,but 4000 lb car still ran a 10.17 quarter.Keep posting vids, I like em

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice `69, I just about bought one similar to it before I got my `65. I`m kind of partial to both body styles. Keep the updates coming

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the tunnel rammed 427 (video)

Some friends of mine out cruizing

My 83 and my 69 5-6 years ago

truck when/where I bought it

my first C10

did some work to it right after i got it

5 lug front 6 lug rear

redid cab bushings eventually

Thats all the early pictures of my old junk truck.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Still like the looks of a `69, probably the grille, keep up the good work Hoppa..!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just gave him a much better 69 grill out of one of the donor trucks I just got. I personally prefer the 67 grill I like the clean less busy look.

Hoppa has worked a lot on that truck since day one but most all of it was not cosmetic. The new parts he is adding should make it a beast as far as drivetrain. I cant wait to see how it runs as far as ET.

Keep at it brother it will be a very sweet ride!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update..

Not updated in a bit so thought I would share,

new wheels tires

sold the motor that was in it, put a high price on it when the guy asked and he took it lol

new rearend I am installing Memorial day weekend..

Will post video of last ride fun before big changes soon.

·
Administrator
72 Posts
No reason to think that way as Otis is trying to bring in a support group in place to help out with questions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts