Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looks to be a TBI motor, look at the left rear side of the block, bell housing area, series of numbers, 5.0 is 305 or 5.7 is 350 the heads having the double bars are TBI heads, great low and mid range due to the ramp in the intake port, but they fall off after about 4500 rpm, but for cruising daily driver offer excellent milage and torque even with a carb setup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to be a TBI motor, look at the left rear side of the block, bell housing area, series of numbers, 5.0 is 305 or 5.7 is 350 the heads having the double bars are TBI heads, great low and mid range due to the ramp in the intake port, but they fall off after about 4500 rpm, but for cruising daily driver offer excellent milage and torque even with a carb setup.
yea, its just for a cruiser/daily driver. I have full intentions of doing more mods once i get the body straightened out, maybe some paint etc. I am getting a 283 V-8 with it, which I love the look of the 283, if I get caught up i will rebuild the 283 maybe add a roller cam along with a few other goodies. If that doesnt make me happy, i may go with a big block down the road. the thing i like about chevy is i can use the same trans, water pump, starter, etc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Washed it last yesterday afternoon and got up this morning and rewashed it, cleaned the rusty rims (lol) and put 4 gallons of fuel in it and took it for a spin., I guess i shook loose some rust, it ran fine for a while, and then after i cut a half donut, soon there after the thing started starving for fuel. Well i knew it wasnt empty, had a buddy come pull me home, then later on tried it again and same thing. come to find out the fuel pump (electric) because of it being a tbi motor, (which doesnt have the provisions for the manual fuel pump) I am guessing but i believe either some trash got in the pump, or something, and it quit again. Pulled the fuel line off and it was dry... I will get a new pump for it tuesday and get it back going.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool, up and running....!beer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts