Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the ECE 4/6 drop. I'm changing the rear to a 1971 5 lug posi which I know is a little longer. I'm going with Black Cragar Soft 8's 15x10 in the rear and 15x7 in front. Question is what backspace is needed to stuff some tire under the rear? Also anyone got an opinion on other lowering kits? Do you need to c-notch a 6" rear drop?

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
With a 6" rear drop you will have about 1" of clearance between the axle tube and the frame so yes you'll need some sort of notch.

I did a tech. article on frame notches, you'll see that below in my signature line.

As for rear tires, with 15 x 8 wheels and the wider rear axle a 4-1/2" backspacing works well. So since you are going with 15 x 10 wheels you'll need about 5-1/2" backspacing. But the best way to be sure is to get the rear axle in the truck and then measure from the wheel mounting surface on the axle to the fender lip, and then from the mounting surface to the closest backward obstruction.. might be suspension, might be the wheel tube, might be that new frame notch.

Hope this helps ya!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the site! fahne19

1 - 3 of 3 Posts