Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extreme Metal Works is a trim restoration shop that restores you trim to show quality www.exmetalworks.com been in the metal restoration business for over 30 yrs. Early on in chrome plating and now in trim restoration. Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Go to a auto body paint store, they will have what you need, use 400 block the truck then use an epoxy primer, then do any body work over that, the epoxy primer will seal the metal, be sure to use a respirator when shooting paint...its your life..

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Thank you, now I just need to find them, I can only find 120 and nothing finer
Hi Greg, your truck looks awesome..... Let me give you a few tips. I don't do polishing, however, a lot of my work is for other shops that don't want to tackle the metal work. So most my work goes out the door bare. I get the best results by (grinding) <------ not fond of the word grinding, I use the term sand, or finishing. So I try my darnedest to sand all in one direction. I use 60 grit on a soft pad to finish my welds, and work my way up to 120 grit. (You can go as fine as you like, 320 makes a nice finish) If you stay in one direction it's easier to hide as you work your way up with the finer grit.

You can work your finish better then what I have here, this particular part will get installed here and put in sealer.

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Extreme Metal Works is a trim restoration shop that restores you trim to show quality www.exmetalworks.com been in the metal restoration business for over 30 yrs. Early on in chrome plating and now in trim restoration. Thanks
Welcome Aboard Skip, nice looking work. :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wished I was a little younger cause my next vacation would be to go hang around Pros shop and watch his talent create these beautiful panels,that is if he wouldn't chase me off

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I`m with you Dave...I could watch him work all day...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts