Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a '66 C10 short bed. I just installed a 2009 LS3 with 6-spd auto. Up to this point, everything has been going good. I went to throw on the stock LS3 manifold/headers and hit a road block. The headers are hitting the engine mounts. I'm using LS3 adapter plates with stock mounts. So what did I do wrong and what changes do I need to make?

Not sure how to insert a video so you can click on the image below to see what I'm talking about.

EDIT- Image added

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Video does not work and the pic is too small to see where its hitting..! Those that have used the dirty dingo mounts have had zero issues...thou that does not help you..also it seems that the F-body exhaust manifolds do fit

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Were these truck manifolds....here is a pic of Doug thorley`s in a `65 C10 part number THY-324Y-C

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '66 C10 short bed. I just installed a 2009 LS3 with 6-spd auto. Up to this point, everything has been going good. I went to throw on the stock LS3 manifold/headers and hit a road block. The headers are hitting the engine mounts. I'm using LS3 adapter plates with stock mounts. So what did I do wrong and what changes do I need to make?

Not sure how to insert a video so you can click on the image below to see what I'm talking about.

EDIT- Image added

I had a similar problem with c5 corvette manifolds in my 66. I ended up c notching the mounts to clear them. They are also very close to the lower control arm rear bushing, but it worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts