Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed the entire drive train from an 05 Pontiac GTO.
So I have an LS2 and auto tranny that I plan on installing into my truck. Has anyone put an LS in a 60-66? If so what type mounts were used? Did you leave the A/C low or did you use the top mount? Were there any issues in general?
Mind you I have never do this before but how hard can it be to bolt a motor a motor down? Any and all advice positive advice

I am in Tampa FL (Riverview) if anyone is close let know glad to me up.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
406Rich thanks.
I will have to get a tranny crossmember. Hoping I will have space to leave the A/C down low. One less thing to mess around with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you use side plate adapters for mounts, you can't keep the compressor low mount, I ended up making a basic Aframe motor stand for each side this allowed me to use stock manifolds, and also keep the ac compressor stock. Also was able to put the motor just like I wanted, height and centered. You need any help just hollar, it's simple, but what your going to get into is that gto motor, the computer , is going to be more trouble,than a truck motor or even a ls3 or something, basically it's stuck in between on Gen 3 and Gen 4. But it can be done. You will need a holley pan of your truck sets low also

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done several ls and lt swaps and i allways build my own mounts that way i can mock it up and get engine exactly where i want it, they offer so many stand alone wiring systems their is 2 very good sellers on ebay one will sell you a complete stand alone with ecm for 750. Or their is another seller that will take your stock harness and ecm and cut the harness down and reflash your ecm for 275.00 . You will enjoy your ls swap when done

·
Registered
56 Posts
Swap info

I have a 6.0 from a TBSS and a six speed from a GTO, I have the harness and the ECM from the TBSS. Can you share the name of the person who rewires and flashes the ECM? It willbe going into a 64 SWB step side. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
You didn't say if the trans was an auto or 6 speed. If it's a six speed the GTO has a different shifter/tail shaft than the Camaro's. Also if I recall the GTO has a front sump oil pan. I'm guessing that won't work. Need to source a fbody oil pan and pick up.

I've done a number of LS swaps. I like buying the harness and computer from one source. I've had good luck with Speartech and Howell fuel injection. Both use the braided wire covering that I think looks so much better than the plastic convoluted wire covering. Neither are cheap but they make a great product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts