Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to lower my truck and need some help. I do not have disc brakes and don't plan on upgrading this year. I'd like to lower the truck using shocks and springs, perhaps a 2 and 4 inch drop. Summitt appears to offer a package that may work.

All of the posts I read seem to make these changes very complex with numerous opinions as to what works and what doesn't. I'd like to know what a 2 and 4 drop would look like, if I can still run a 255 tire all the way around, can I use the existing shock mounts?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add, I've received some great help on this in the past, most interested in the need to change the shock mount location at this time. I'd prefer not to have to make the change. The Summit package number is 6372cssk.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Todd you`ll need to order the shock relocation kit or make your own, even at stock height the shocks were at the border line of working correctly especially the rear..if you use the 4/5 drop kit, you will lose any weight capacity you have left, I had five inch drop springs in mine and changed back to four inch drop Heavy duty. so now I`m back to a 3/4 drop, the front you`ll need to decide now on disc, the springs will need to be able to run with the drop spindles, most people run 2.5 drop spindles and one inch drop spring, so you`ll need to plan ahead unless your buying twice on the springs, if you plan on running 275/60/15 on the front, plan on adding power steering..... sway bar on the front changes the handling drastically for the better... this link at the bottom in the lowering section of the site...http://www.earlyclassic.com/Tech.aspx?category=Stance+Photos

shock angle effectiveness

stock shock angle is at 48 degrees

1 - 3 of 3 Posts