Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my grandfather this afternoon,he passed away from an illness.I admit he was always good to me and saw I was raised well,only like Chevrolets.He was 95 years old and my mom remembers him working very hard to keep food on the table,paying the bills including raising my mom,her two older brothers.He was a mechanic like me at a GM dealership retiring in 1983.I have his dealership coat he wore and tools.I even have his last uniform from the dealership he worked at.He was very wise and always remember him saying this: I better not see you driving a Ford.Hated the Fords big time.He was supportive of me doing the right things in life.One was when I was going into training becoming a volunteer firefighter,was 19 years old at the time.Told me that was a wise choice serving the public.It is hard and know he will be looking down.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Sorry for your loss..!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know he was a good man at heart.I was one of the greatest gifts in his life from my mom and have a picture of him holding me after I was born.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hear about your grand father, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, God has a plan and we are all included, keep your faith, you will be with him again

·
old, fat admin
11 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Guys like him were the backbone of our country IMO. Glad you were able to know him and how he approached life. You'll see him again one day.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts