Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Brake lights on my 92 stopped working. I still have tail and Turn Signals, but no Brake. I Checked the fuse, and replaced the Brake light switch, but still nothing. I ran a test light on the wires and I seem to have no power. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
ToonMan,try turning on hazards,hazards flashing step on brake,hazards on but not flashing brake switch ok.Power comes from fuse to stop switch on orange wire.Most of the time its the taillight circuit boards the bulbs go in.
David

·
Registered
26 Posts
lights

ToonMan,try turning on hazards,hazards flashing step on brake,hazards on but not flashing brake switch ok.Power comes from fuse to stop switch on orange wire.Most of the time its the taillight circuit boards the bulbs go in.
David
Yep what Blue Goose says, but sometimes its as simple as filament going out on the break part of the duel filament light bulb. Especially if you didn't notice when the first light went out. If you only noticed when the second break light went out---then it still could be just that part of both bulbs went bad.

This happens often because the break light filament of the bulb pulls more juice and burns out quicker. Worth a check anyway.

dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts