Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow C10 truckers, my first time on C10 Trucks. First question, in converting my long to a short bed I noticed the rear cab mounts on a C10 sit higher than the front cab mounts. On my C-20 the mounts both front and rear sit the same height on the frame. Online sites all cover the C-10 positioning of mounts but I can't find one showing for the C-20. Anyone know of one specifically for C-20?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hello fellow C10 truckers, my first time on C10 Trucks. First question, in converting my long to a short bed I noticed the rear cab mounts on a C10 sit higher than the front cab mounts. On my C-20 the mounts both front and rear sit the same height on the frame. Online sites all cover the C-10 positioning of mounts but I can't find one showing for the C-20. Anyone know of one specifically for C-20?
Pretty sure your question isn't getting any answers as you ask about making a long bed into a short bed truck but are "Hooked" on the cab mounts between a C10 and a C20 - - - - WHY ? Shorting a frame has NOTHING TO DO WITH CAB MOUNTS ! A long bed RIDES MUCH BETTER than a short bed anyway.
Not really sure what you really want !

·
Registered
446 Posts
WOW got to love these First time posters, LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pretty sure your question isn't getting any answers as you ask about making a long bed into a short bed truck but are "Hooked" on the cab mounts between a C10 and a C20 - - - - WHY ? Shorting a frame has NOTHING TO DO WITH CAB MOUNTS ! A long bed RIDES MUCH BETTER than a short bed anyway. Not really sure what you really want !
Ok friend, allow me to enlighten you. Not to concerned about the ride as suspension upgrades planned. Aside from trailing arms on C10 vs leaf springs on C20 and weight difference due to thickness of steel on frame, they are identical. Now the location of cab front mounts are the same. The rear mounts on C20 are 12” back from original spot,level to front mounts, but on C10 frame they are again 12” back but higher level to to op frame. Yes my truck being a C20 sit higher at rear. I’ll access that problem when I get ready to mount cab. Will send pictures to help “you” visualize the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
937 Posts
Interested to see how your swap goes..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts