Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I recently acquired a running and driving 65 c10. Everything motor wise was working, but no lights. After a couple days I got the gauges to work, running lights, and even the trailer lights. It has been 2 weeks, and everything was perfect including the dash. Then out of nowhere while driving; I had no running lights, brake lights, or dash lights. I checked the fuses and everything looked good, followed all the wires and nothing touching the headers, nothing cut or clipped... One guy told me a fuse able link, but I didn't see anything smoking nor did I think they put fuseable links on lights. Anyway, the odd thing about all of this, is that the headlights are working perfectly. Also I have power to the fuses on both sides, and all of the glass fuses are perfect, and the light switch is brand new.

Any ideas would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
937 Posts
I would check your grounds. Possibly something is loose or corroded. There really isn't too much to the electrical system in these trucks. Could also be a switch failure?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts