Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,
I have a 65 c10 and just installed led parking lights and tail lights. I installed the tail lights first and checked the turned signals and it still worked perfectly. I say perfectly because I've read that a new electronic flasher is needed. I installed the parking lights and now the turn signals don't work at all(brake lights and parking lights are on). After installling the new flasher, the turn signals don't flash but they do stay on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello guys,
I have a 65 c10 and just installed led parking lights and tail lights. I installed the tail lights first and checked the turned signals and it still worked perfectly. I say perfectly because I've read that a new electronic flasher is needed. I installed the parking lights and now the turn signals don't work at all(brake lights and parking lights are on). After installling the new flasher, the turn signals don't flash but they do stay on. Any ideas?
I also tried to install LED resistors and still go nothing.

·
Registered
Short wide beds
13 Posts
I not sure but my experience on LED lights didn't work until i used a direct ground from lights to battery. i chased that issue on my bothers 1974 Super beetle project. he wanted LED lights on everything headlight , turn signal, tail lights, reverse light and interior. gremlins where playing with me i would unplug everything but one system and then add another an then a third and it stopped working. Now my 2012 Challenger wouldn't work when i added the LED sequential taillight bar until i installed the voltage regulator for it specifically. hope that might help you.

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
243 Posts
What lights are you using? Do they use 1157 pigtails? If you have old crappy light sockets, they may not have enough ground. I had an issue with front marker on my 77 and just cut and soldered everything.

So I just chased this exact same issue in my 77. I was at the goodguys car show yesterday and bought a new LED flasher...its United pacific and it comes with an adapter to reverse polarity if needed. I did have to use the ground wire, very simple. Everything works perfectly now.

Today I'm going to tackle my 64. It has the same issue and the crappy led flasher I bought did nothing.

Here's the flasher...

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
243 Posts
Just tried this flasher for my 64 and it works perfectly. I had to run the reverse polarity cap and ground it. But all my turns are working again.

I temporarily grounded it to the e brake assembly with my test light. Now I'm extending the ground wire a little and grounding it just below the fusebox on the floor pan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you think this same fix would help with blinkers that blink but in a hazard style...both at the same time? Worked fine before I put the LED ones in today.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, I have led sequential turn signals and before I installed the new flasher, the sequential wouldn't work. I mean..the part is under $15, just buy one and try it. I think the fact that you can reverse the polarity is genius.

What type of leds are you using? Just bulbs or full turn assemblies? Did you try to reverse the bulbs if possible..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have led sequential turn signals and before I installed the new flasher, the sequential wouldn't work. I mean..the part is under $15, just buy one and try it. I think the fact that you can reverse the polarity is genius.

What type of leds are you using? Just bulbs or full turn assemblies? Did you try to reverse the bulbs if possible..
Good Point, I ordered the part, should be here in a couple days. I ordered the full blinker assembly from Classic Trucks Parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts