Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i am new to the forum and live in the uk. my truck has developed a small issue with the heater core as its now leaking. i know the one i have in it isn't an original one for the truck so i just wondered if any of you guys know what car/truck it came from so i can order a new core for it from overseas!

attached are some photos! help!anim_25

many thanks,

matt

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
grandpa sign0016 To C10 Trucks. I don't know that heater for sure but dose look a bit familiar. Maybe some one will be along with some information to help you. Is your so bad it can't be repaired?
anim_25

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Grandpa I'm on my phone and out right now, when I get back home I'll give some info and links to help, maybe a couple of hours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grandpa sign0016 To C10 Trucks. I don't know that heater for sure but dose look a bit familiar. Maybe some one will be along with some information to help you. Is your so bad it can't be repaired?
anim_25

its frustrating but i hope someone will know , i have tried a repair but with know luck, it would save me some money if i could just find out rather than have one custom made etc

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Matt, sorry to say thats not even close to a 1960`s chevy C10 heater assembly, so its something thats shade tree built..being on the other side of the pond I`d just look for something in your area thats reasonably close to that and replace the core..unless you want to start trying to buy all the C10 heater parts from the US...just for info here is an image on heater repairs and you`ll see what I mean, and what year is your C10...?
This is on the engine firewall side, the core sits in that breadbox that sits on the firewall passenger side, not to mention all the related parts on the inside of the cab...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt, sorry to say thats not even close to a 1960`s chevy C10 heater assembly, so its something thats shade tree built..being on the other side of the pond I`d just look for something in your area thats reasonably close to that and replace the core..unless you want to start trying to buy all the C10 heater parts from the US...just for info here is an image on heater repairs and you`ll see what I mean, and what year is your C10...?
This is on the engine firewall side, the core sits in that breadbox that sits on the firewall passenger side, not to mention all the related parts on the inside of the cab...

hi Rich

thats what it thought, i may have to source one over here. the best i can find is one from a mini but ill have to extend the pipe work but thats notch of an issue. my c10 is a 1965 model. i restored it over here and took just over a year here is a pic or two!

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Matt that is one nice truck you have, it`s come a long way in your hands.......beer, must be rough finding stuff you need not to mention the cost of shipping...! so I take it there was no heater at all when you acquired it...? I might suggest you block off the firewall side of the heater box with block off plates if you haven`t already done so.....image thanks to Lugnutz...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
My 57 C30 dump didn't have a heater in it when I got it but I used it for plowing so a heater was a must. I got an under the dash A/C unit and run the engine coolant thru that had 4 speeds and plenty of heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts