1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gonna come spring...

'Cept it is a 64 shortbed stepside with the 6 lug wheels.

Using a 2002 5.3 liter motor and same trans as you.
Walbro has the in tank pumps. If you've the vacuum operated fuel pressure regulator near the injector rails you'll not have to buy that. The stock radiator (if v-8 and good) will cool a LS engine. Going to use the stock engine powered fan & just shroud it. If your radiator does not have a transmission cooler in it you will need another one that does. I like to overcool the trans fluid (Texas heat) with an added inline cooler before fluid goes to the radiator...that way the radiator can heat it back up if need be. Check out Tanks Inc on the web for a under bed replacement & fuel system parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Motor mounts

I lucked out & have the LS engine stock mounts which will be extended to reach the C-10 stock frame. Might have to move or make the transmission mount ---give the trans a 3 degree down at the rear position to inure proper automatic operation. I've some measuring to do and search for a driveshaft to use (either stock or modified) at that point.
You'll have to get someone to remove the VATS from the computer for sure.
Depending on your position of engine accessories (alt., a/c, power steering pump, etc.) you'll either have to reposition their location on the engine or modify your frame. I plan to heat up frame areas cherry red & bend up or down to get clearance if possible (kinda hard to find a aftermarket part in Podunk, U.S.A. sometimes - if a failure occurs).

I'll add more as time goes by.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Speedometer....

You will have to change transmission tailshaft to the gear drive or go for a electric/cable drive adapter for the speedometer. The electric units are somewhat adjustable for different tire/wheel combinations.

On you tube--"coverman66" has a lot of good info as to gauges/adaptions and engine wiring/computer solutions.

PSIconversion.com has engine wire looms out of new stuff for a fair price.... Four wire setups for just such a truck as you are building (stand alone harness--one keyed hot, one constant hot, two grounds). They can re-flash your computer to remove the VATS also, I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts