Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have had my eye on this truck for over 12 years now since it was less than 3 miles from my house, and the owner finally threw a for sale sign on it, so i swooped in like a hawk and bought it from him, or maybe i should say STOLE from him.....

So a little history of the truck.....

The P.O. was the original owner since it was brand new, but he non oped it in 2010 since he could not afford the up keep or the fuel mileage the truck gets.

It was a 1 ton dually, but he removed that rear end, and put a corp 14 under it with 5:13's and a Detroit Locker, 6" suspension lift with a 3" body lift. At one time he was running 40" tires on it, but when i bought it, it had some bald 36's one it, so i ended up putting some new 37' Goodyear MTR's back on it.

The P.O. also put a stainless steel front bumper with a 12,000 Warn Winch stuffed in it, new set of fully electric and heated Recaro seats and had the rear seat recovered to match the front seats, and a complete rear carpet kit for the inside of the bed with the camper shell.

So the motor is a 60,000 mile (he gave me the receipts) Whipple Super Charged 454 :)

I think the main reason he sold it was because he was letting his 18 year old kid drive it, and he smoked the 4L80E Jet Built transmission that was in it. The teeth on the forward drum were all broke and it had a couple of burnt clutch discs, but 1300,00 dollars later, i have the truck back on the road again.

Of course the 40" tires he had on it has all but destroyed the front end, so since i have had it,I have replaced every tie rod, idler arms, upper & lower ball joints and new shocks all the way around it. Not to mention new u-joints for the front drive line and a new exhaust system from the cat back.

Of course it has the typical 91 Chevy white paint that is peeling off, but since i sold my 91 Cherokee to fund this project, i will have it re-painted white again in the spring, no since in painting it going into winter.

So needles to say i stole the truck from the P.O. for 2 grand, and i only have around 3 grand into parts and my time to get it back to a great running and dependable truck again.....

Needles to say, the Super Charged 454 HAULS THE FRICKING MAIL. I think it will give my wife's steroided out D Max a run for its money empty, but loaded or pulling, i know you cant beat the power and torque of a diesl.

Here is what it looked like the day i bought it....

You will see why i call it the Zombie Killer anim_63

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Holey crap....thats a lot of truck/motor, you can really haul the mail with it...anim_63

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky for me i have found no rust on the truck. The bed is a couple years newer since he removed the dually bed and put a regular bed back on it, that is why the paint has at-least stuck to it anim_63

I still have a bunch of work to do to clean up the inside, I already have a new headliner since the fabric was starting to sag on the orignal, a new carpet kit and put some tunes in it since his kid robbed the stereo system out of it.

But for the 5 grand i have into so far, think i am ahead of the game and I really like this truck...... beer

·
Registered
800 Posts
@ Grand,you should be ashamed and go back and give him more.Nah just kidding,great find there buddy.That Whipple should make that monster fly.Why cant I find those kinds of deals.Geez

1 - 5 of 5 Posts