Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I went to a estate auction and bought three non running trucks. One was a 76 Ford 4 wheel drive. Flat towed it home and got it running Good old truck paid $350 and already sold it for $1000. Then I flat towed home a 86 3/4 ton chev. 350 engine granny four speed. It also cost $350. Got it running and the clutch wouldn't release. fiddled with the Hyd clutch and still wouldn't release. Pulled the transmission and it has a brand new clutch pressure plate and flywheel. The flywheel and pressure plate surfaces where rusty. sanded off the rust and put it back together. still gotta reinstall the driveshaft. Looking on U tube I seen that the clutch master cyl is pointed down and needs to be removes and pointed up and the air bled from the system. Im going to try that one time. If that don't work its going to be retro fitted with mechanical clutch linkage. Ive got some parts trucks that I can get what I need off of. The third isn't that great of a deal. It cost $275. 1974 chev C10. locked up 350 engine rusty body. When I went to flat tow it the rearend was locked up. So I had to load it on my tilt top trailer. Got it home and removed the spider gears to make it roll free. It does have a nice set of rally wheels and all the wheel trim. I already took off a heavy receiver hitch and a nice chrome rear bumper. They will be put on the 86. Im in need of a heavier truck my little 66 GMC 1/2 ton is just not up to the task. Ok I noticed something on the 86. There is a lever attached to the rearend that hooks to a round apparatus that had brake lines attached to it? Im guessing it is a valve that when the truck is loaded allows more pressure to be applied to the rear brakes?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I believe your 86 was used to tow heavy loads. Like 5th wheels looking at underside. That may be a booster for when towing. As I recall ? Surge brake system. In any case sounds like a couple good scores.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 wheel hitch

Yes there is a setup for a gooseneck ball in the bed. The back bumper is pretty twisted and mangled and has a 2&5/8 ball on it! Ive got something pretty heavy that I really need to move this week. Ill post pictures when I do of the task.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts