Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to work with this woman for years, she had a `69 caprice wagon 396/th400, had a rebuilt 396 in it and the original 396 sitting in her garage. Quadrajet fed. She talked of getting rid of it and I told her let me know I`ll buy it from her for 500 given the amount of miles that were on it and that the body ....well there wasn't a straight panel on it. just for the two motors and trans that I wanted it for....she turned it over to a charity foundation.....and you know they sent it out for scap,....crap, all all she got was a $200 dollar tax break.....what the heck is wrong with people...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Reminds me of a story... my dad worked with a fella, who's brother passed, but left him the lease on this fish camp on a river or something in another state. Well, the lease was coming to an end and the property owner had talked about selling... so this fella told him to call him if he was serious about selling... well the dude sold the property, never called him... and he found out they sold the land for $15,000 less than what he was planning to offer him.

some folks is just dense.

:D

or : their cornbread ain't done in the middle

-W

·
Registered
800 Posts
one of my customers of 25-30 years came in with his 05 Equinox for a slight overheating problem.After diagnosing I informed him that it was probable head gasket,possible cracked head.He said he didn't want to fix it and that he would just pay ffor my time and donate the car.Then he said unless I take this sort of thing.I said sure just let me know what you need to have for it.He normally did the donate thing but said let me talk to the wife.Next morning he came in with title in hand and all documentation and said its yours.He wouldn't accept any kind of payment other than thank you.I thanked him for the car and for being a loyal customer all these years and he made me promise it wouldn't just sit gathering dust.Ten days later I was conned by my wife and now she is driving it.Moral to the story I guess is treat people nice and fair and most will do the same back

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The woman and I have been and still are good friends, just seems silly that you wold take a $200 tax credit over $500 dollars in hand....she knows the hobby i`m in. The only thing I can think of is she thought she`d get more...well its her loss, and mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts