Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering building a 55-57 c10, and would like to do a frame swap on to one like the ones used in the 67-72 c10s. I'm not interested in clipping the
frame on the 55-57. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I think your best bet would be to find out the wheel base on what you have and what you want. There are sites on the net that show frame drawings with dimentions on them. Sounds like an interesting project

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had thought of doing that as well when I was looking at a 55'. All I found said there were better options. If I remember correctly the bigger issue with the 67-72 are they are too wide. Of course I have forgot a lot over the years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jjsrides

Thanks for the input. My main reason for doing the swap was to try out the truck arm setup. I had not considered the width of the frame. The length is not a problem. I guess I will look at other options, or build a 67-72 Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
My advise on a frame swap on a trifive is don`t do it, way more work than you`ll want, if your talking of running trailing arms porter built sells trailing arm kits you could build into your exisisting frame...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts