Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at a 1974 C10 long bed. It has a stock 350 engine, newer TH400 trans, and a 14 bolt 8 lug rear end. The truck has surface rust everywhere and rusted all the way through on a small patch of floor board and under the cab near the frame. It seems to run, stop, and handle fine. Bushing are worn out bad and it also has some rust through the bottoms of the doors. He is asking $2500 firm for the truck. It would be my first truck and I didn't know if it was worth it.

http://tinypic.com/r/j0bhfr/9

http://tinypic.com/r/15dkq41/9

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Greg unless thats what you`re really looking for I`d pass, too many trucks in Calif....in a lot better shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking for a truck that I dont mind beating up doing work and hauling materials. I forgot to mention that it comes with aluminum edelbrock heads, a comp cam and roller lifters, and a double timing chain all new in the boxes still. It also has a used edelbrock intake and an edelbrock carb. About $1200 in New parts. I would plan to sell them off and get hopefully $500 or so. I see long beds are really hard to resell though if I decide to get rid of it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am looking for a truck that I dont mind beating up doing work and hauling materials. I forgot to mention that it comes with aluminum edelbrock heads, a comp cam and roller lifters, and a double timing chain all new in the boxes still. It also has a used edelbrock intake and an edelbrock carb. About $1200 in New parts. I would plan to sell them off and get hopefully $500 or so. I see long beds are really hard to resell though if I decide to get rid of it.
Greg finding a rust/rout free truck "if there is one" will be pretty hard to find that hasn't already had some rust/rout problem areas fixed already. $2500 is the standard starting price for most trucks that need more than most want to deal with, ask me how I know (that one is a long story) and less money in the Savings Account than I wanted to spend.

It all boils down to what or how much mechanical abilities you have, and how deep your pockets are, space you'll need to tear it all apart and most of all how patient your wife (if you have one) is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts