Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck came with a aftermarket temp guage under the dash. I like and prefer original and stock set up's that the truck was intended to have, so I would wish to use the original temp guage on the cluster. I noticed there is one wire that runs to the valve cover from the orginal but is dis connected, I dot see any way I could make it work. The after market also has one wire that it uses that is connected the the thermostat housing... Does anyone know how I can use the original? Or is it totally unusable?

Here is where the original connects to, it was cut at some point, the sensor is some type or rubber that is on the valve cover but I don't understand how that works.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Do you have gauges or idiot lights as they wire in differently, can you send a pic of your gauges…?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Isaiah…Charlie, the temp gauge looks to be a real old mechanical stewart warner…with the bulb you inserted in the t-stat housing, if its not working you just need to replace it……not sure what the other wire is…maybe oil pressure…?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Charlie you are correct on the OEM electric temp and sender, some previous owner changed out to the stewart warner, but as you said the rubber boot and wire don`t make sense…Isaiah we need a wider picture of that area...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.