Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trying to tighten rocker arms and I cant find a way to rotake the engine. The harmonic balancer doesn't have a nut or bolt to grab onto, its like a smooth indention that looks like its gonna be a pain in the bahookus to deal with if I ever have to change out the balancer. I tried using the power steering pump while pushing on the belt but the hole on the pulley is stripped out. i cant think of any other way to rotate the engine??

·
Registered
18 Posts
So im trying to tighten rocker arms and I cant find a way to rotake the engine. The harmonic balancer doesn't have a nut or bolt to grab onto, its like a smooth indention that looks like its gonna be a pain in the bahookus to deal with if I ever have to change out the balancer. I tried using the power steering pump while pushing on the belt but the hole on the pulley is stripped out. i cant think of any other way to rotate the engine??
did you take the plugs out ? if you still can't turn it take the belt off and try a strap wrench.

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
As above re. plugs .But if manual transmission , put in gear , parking brake off and rock the car back and forth .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts