Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Since I am new to the 1963 Chevy world I would like to understand the vehicle more before I decide how I'm going to proceed. At first I thought of Hot Rodding it but if it's a rare find I don't want to ruin it.

So, I am trying to see how many 1963 Chevy C10 Custom Fleetside's were made with the big back window and the 283 V8. Does anyone know where to find this information?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Although the big windows are not rare, they are more desirable to owners, `63 first year for ladder style frame, coil springs on the front suspension, V8`s more numerable starting in `63, last year for the dog leg doors/windshield, change in hood design and grille, long bed and short bed production numbers about the same, GM at this point was outselling ford by two to one..the 283 ci engine for `63 was 180 horse, low compression for the sake of higher torque, the trucks were originally equipped with a rochester 2 bbl carb with either a standard paper filter or the extreme duty oil bath air cleaner, everything else pretty much generic thru 66. Deluxe heater with fresh air was the three levers on the dash or the thrift heater assembly as noted by the single pull twist knob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
‘63 Longbed Stepside

I just bought a ‘63 that I’m planning to drive daily, pulling a cargo trailer around the country (we’re full-time RVers). So getting the rear suspension, trailer hitch, and trailer brake wiring addressed will be first on my list, then reliability will be everyday priority.

·
Registered
10 Posts
‘63 pictures

Yes, I have a few photos. I’ll have many more soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts