Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just helped a friend that had bought a '66 shortbed, previous owner installed booster/ master prop valve on drum brakes, Ben brought the truck by because he was having issues with bleeding master after replacing it, brakes were never really good spongy pedal, lots of travel before brakes engaged, we tried bleeding with no success, I pulled the master off looked at the booster pin, way too short, probably moved the master about half inch if that, so I had a stainless bolt the right size diameter, ground the hex head off and measured the lenght of amount of distance of the master and booster cut it and gave it 20 thou clearance... We installed finished bleeding lines, he about thru himself thru the windshield, Ben was amazed at the differance, just was glad I could help, but people should be aware of mismatching brake parts...!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Mis matched parts can cause all kinds of problems.I had similar situation when a customer replaced his booster and brakes had great pedal but dragging all the time.Pin was too long

1 - 3 of 3 Posts