Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at least it's a close cousin. I also have a 57' Bel Air so I am on the TriFive site too. Here are some pics.

It has a "big block" V6

Don

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
sign0016 to C10 Trucks. GMC Chevy they are all the same You'll fit in here just fine Especially showing up with pictures right out of the box.. Nice looking truck. Have fun & Enjoy your stay.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum neighbor...I did live in Sac up until a year ago, now in Galt, nice truck you have saw the pics on FB....

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool, old stomping grounds...LOL

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome to C10.Wow is that a 305 V-6,I haven't seen one in years.Very popular in GMC'S ,had some in medium duties back in the day.Durable engines they were

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to C10.Wow is that a 305 V-6,I haven't seen one in years.Very popular in GMC'S ,had some in medium duties back in the day.Durable engines they were
It is indeed a 305 CI V6 Blue Goose. I was able to get it to fire up with little difficulty even though it had set several years. Only has a one barrel manifold and carb on it. Runs good right now but I need to do more checking it out.

Don

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have removed the bed so that I could clean up and paint the frame below before installing the oak planks and polished stainless.

Don

·
Registered
800 Posts
This is interesting to me to see a GMC coil sprung out back.I thought that was typical of Chevys and GMC's were leaf.The reason being we had six long bed that were all leaf sprung.Maybe that was an option or typical for 66 models or maybe for long beds,dont know.Either way this truck is looking really nice.
David

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is interesting to me to see a GMC coil sprung out back.I thought that was typical of Chevys and GMC's were leaf.The reason being we had six long bed that were all leaf sprung.Maybe that was an option or typical for 66 models or maybe for long beds,dont know.Either way this truck is looking really nice.
David
David,

My 57' Chevy truck had the leaf springs as does my 57' Bel Air so this is different to me but I think I like it.

This was my truck with the guy I sold it two a few months back:

This is my Bel Air with the truck in the back-ground. Shouldn't have sold the truck. :(

Don

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
David and Don; as David suspects coils on the GMC were an option and leafs were an option on Chevy, they sold the coils as a comfort ride with the weight capability of the leafs, we have seen it as early as 1960 on the truck forums..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! I guess I haven't updated this post in quite some time. :(

Here are some improvements I made that I did post elsewhere on this site.

My oak bed is complete.

Installed a two barrel manifold and Holley 500cfm carb and cleaned up the top of the engine.

New bumpers.

New carpet and seat covers.

Don

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Sorry to see it go...don`t forget we have a section for other models such as your `57 Don....!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I am on the TriFive section with the same handle since 2007 Rich.

No calls on the truck yet so we'll see.

Don
I am a member , do a lot of reading there, never having owned a Trifive though..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
We like reading about all cars there, except maybe Fxxds. :)

A lot more activity too.

Don
LOL, have a friend with a `66 Fxxd truck, he complains a lot about not having any forums but two... and very little posts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts