Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK who here has put a wet clutch on a second generation C10. Reason being I want to replace my rock crusher with a T5. Or is there a bell housing for standard clutch using a T5? Looking for info here Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the Chevy T5 so no mods are needed. I have to figure out the location of the MC then drill a hole in my clutch pedal arm.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I bought the Chevy T5 so no mods are needed. I have to figure out the location of the MC then drill a hole in my brake pedal arm.
Are you changing to power brakes..?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Normally on the sixties trucks, new master booster fits the stock location, we drill the new hole one inch lower on the pedal arm for correct pedal ratio for power brakes.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a little different in that the clutch arm is on the right side with the slave I think all I have to do is remove the existing linkage and drill hole in pedal and firewall.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW. There is so much you have to do to put the T5 in a 72. It is the same length as the T10, but that's where it leaves you. Mounting the M/C for the clutch is real fun it goes below and to the right of the brake m/c. and JUST to the right of the steering column which puts you right next to the fuse box inside. Would have been easier with engine out but not going there now. I'll post pictures later. cross member has to be changed T5 is bigger than other transmissions. Sure hope its worth all this.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found out can't used existing hole in brake pedal arm. Its to low and you have no feel of clutch its either in or its out no in between. So had to raise the M/C for the clutch and drill a new hole in the arm. Can't believe the problems putting this trans in. I'll know by the week end if all this is going to work or not. :confused:

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Wow Charlie, did not know you had this many problems with it, a lot of people are doing this swap...!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had no idea but I learn as I go. One of the hard parts is cutting a 1 3/8" hole in the fire wall. The hole saw doesn't like the double thickness and the void on one side. (Hang on tight). Then because I didn't want to take the pedal out I drilled the hole with right angle drill. To say the least it has been FUN not. You have to learn from your mistakes or you will never get done.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE The clutch linkage has been made to work the whole thing was getting the centers to line up under the dash. I had to go back to school (geometry) to get this one. Anyway its together and works great. This will put the 72 back on the road.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool, now to drive it...! beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts