Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am located in Fort Mill, SC (just below Charlotte, NC). I recently picked up a 65 stepside that seems to have good bones. I am in the process of making it road worthy. I can't do too much to it at this point because I am restoring a 66 Mustang for my wife. I will and do have questions about an r700 tranny swap that I will post in the appropriate section. I would like to know if there is anybody in the area that may have one with an auto transmission, however.
Cheers,
ken

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Ken First off sign0016 to C10 trucks. There are a few guys on here that haveput in an automatic trans its not a big deal. Not braging but I have done 3 cars and a truck since I started my wifes 57 210 handyman. I told her I could build 2 or 3 trucks for what her 57 was costing me. But her 57 is really close now. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Putting a 700r4 behind your six no issues, just ensure you don`t have a 4160E trans, identifiable by the 4160E having six bolts on the tail housing while the 700r4 having four bolts on the tail housing, biggest issue will be finding the right length TV cable ( factory OEM ) although you get get one thru Bowtie overdrives custom. you`ll have to buy a new trans crossmember from any 73 to 87 c10 with an automatic, or buy new from a vendor, shorten drive shaft, install trans cooler in front of radiator, an installing lokar floor shifter..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts