Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a basic truck and found a good solid 1970 C10. It's a ways away from perfect, but presentable and nothing other than surface rust underneath. It's mostly unmolested with its 250 cu in 6 cyl, 3 spd on the column, manual brakes and manual steering. This is what I was looking for, so it will be staying that way. I'll be doing a rolling refurb, basically replacing and repairing to bring it back to excellent condition. All my vehicles are kept fairly stock and get used regularly (but not abused). I love customs, but appreciate when you see cars and trucks as they were. I'm really looking forward to getting the C10 the way I want it.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we do like pictures...sign0016

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures will be coming

Yes, I like pictures too... I just received the C10 last Thursday and have been busy getting it registered and inspected. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C10 Pictures

I had time to get a good look at the C10 today. I made up a new fuel line from the fuel pump to carb, to replace the one that someone had spliced a plastic filter in with rubber fuel hoses. The column shifter is very sloppy, so I ordered new bushings and shift lever pin.

This is a really solid truck and I'm really happy with it. It's got plenty of dings and scratches from use (I mean, it is a truck right?), but it's been reasonably well maintained and has nothing but surface rust underneath. Up here in the northeast, this C10 would have been in superb condition if it was only 5 years old, let alone 45 years old.

My next task after the shifting is to get the wheels correct. The wheels it has now are not correct, with too large a center hole, so the lugs are taking all load. I'd like to put on stock original steel wheels. I'll posting a new thread to ask about identification of the correct wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Color code

The sticker on the glove box door lists it as "Option #524 Hugger Orange". I also found a tag from PPG for 1.5 fluid oz (touch up I assume) of Brand Code: 2084, DEM Code: WA3959, W30A3959,65, Description: CAROUSEL RED, HUGGER ORANGE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts