Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. My uncle passed a couple of years ago and left me his 1969 C10 short bed. It has the inline 6, 4 speed manual transmission. It started acting up, and since his longtime neighbor and friend works on cars, he wanted to take a look at it. We found out it has a blow head, and it was sitting in his yard while I came up with a plan. I found a reasonably priced T56 out of a 1995 Chevrolet Camaro, so I without putting too much thought into it, I grabbed it. My uncle's neighbor really wants to do this as a gift to me, and to see the C10 my uncle had for years running. He's offered to do the labor for free if I basically buy everything to just drop it in. He's no professional automotive technician, but he's been able to fix all my and my family's cars.

NOW, here's where I need help. I've searched long and wide for a detailed parts list of everything I need for this to work. Again I have a 1995 Camaro T56 and want to pair it with a 2000's 5.3 engine. I don't know much myself about cars, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My first question is...Am I looking for a clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder etc for the 5.3 engine or for the 1995 T56 transmission? I literally only have the transmission and none of the other parts.

Second question is...Am I looking for a specific 5.3 to fit the 1995 Camaro T56, or will any 5.3 work the same?

I've been through a few threads in various forums, youtube videos, etc.. I even private messaged a few people, with no response, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts