Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: 1965 Chevy C10

Hello C10 Community,

I am new to this forum; I am from Central Texas. Here is a description of my issue:

I recently installed my professionally rebuilt manual 3 speed column (which includes a new wiring harness) and with the steering wheel in place the horn is stuck on. I removed the steering wheel and horn kit parts and the horn remains stuck on. Any advice on how to fix this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin_65TX

·
Registered
2 Posts
RE: 1965 Chevy C10

Hello C10 Community,

I am new to this forum; I am from Central Texas. Here is a description of my issue:

I recently installed my professionally rebuilt manual 3 speed column (which includes a new wiring harness) and with the steering wheel in place the horn is stuck on. I removed the steering wheel and horn kit parts and the horn remains stuck on. Any advice on how to fix this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin_65TX
Hi Kevin, just seen your post, horn stuck on, you have already removed the steering wheel and horn kit parts so your problem is a grounded horn wire that comes out of the column ,or a bad horn relay. follow that horn wire from the column out to the relay. when that wire is grounded that is what activates the relay by compleating the circuit. hope this helps good luck. Bob W.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kevin, just seen your post, horn stuck on, you have already removed the steering wheel and horn kit parts so your problem is a grounded horn wire that comes out of the column ,or a bad horn relay. follow that horn wire from the column out to the relay. when that wire is grounded that is what activates the relay by compleating the circuit. hope this helps good luck. Bob W.
Hi Bob,

I appreciate your advice. The problem was the black horn wire which is positioned in the turn signal switch assembly. The horn wire was cut exposing the copper wire causing a short, which resulted in the continuous horn sounding.

Thanks again.
Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts