Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 66 fleetside, 350 sbc, 4sp manual. I love this truck!

I have a favor to ask the community. PO put Bondo over the hole for the pivot bolt that holds the latch- see pic of mine vs stock.

Would someone be willing to measure the location of the hole relative to the inside of the panel, where it's indented, and the top of the panel? The threaded bracket is still there, behind where the hole should be, but it's spot welded so I can't see how far the threaded hole extends in. I just need a little guidance to start drilling Bondo. Thank you!
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bicycle part Rim Font

Attachments

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
243 Posts
Are you talking about the hole in the upper, that holds the chain? Are you planning on putting chains back on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, exactly. I'm putting chains back on but I don't have a hole for the "pivot bolt". There should be a hole where the red circle is.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
243 Posts
On my 64 C-10 longbed..I have an Allen bolt in the hole. Idea was to fill the hole, I was gonna weld it up.
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

With the tape centered in the notch, it's directly above it.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Water Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

This is with tape about even with top.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Bumper

Motor vehicle Fixture Automotive exterior Vehicle door Gas

You can see those chains can beat stuff up after years..

·
Registered
243 Posts
I like yours..everything is painted and filled, I wish mine was there. This is what I did after removing the chains..stainless steel yacht cabinet hardware on the inside...one on each side, and you can padlock it.
Security Material property Gas Lock Font

·
Registered
243 Posts
Youre welcome...Anything else, just ask!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts